BRC (Basic Rider Course)
The Basic Rider Course is required to acquire your motorcycle license (class M) in Texas. The course is designed with the beginner in mind but benefits experienced riders as well. Persons enrolling in the basic course need not own nor be able to operate a motorcycle.
- Some protective gear, if needed
- Qualifies graduates for class M licensing, including waiver of the written license test waiver and (18 and over) of the on-road motorcycle license test waiver
- Graduates may recieve insurance discounts (check with your provider)
- Course discounts or reimbursement available from some rider organizations
- Learn how to operate a motorcycle safely
- Learn about the best protective gear to wear
- Learn how to anticipate and avoid hazards
- All classes are Friday through Sunday (Students must attend all 3 days).
- Friday 6p-10p (all courses)
- Saturday 7a-6p
- Sunday 7a-4p
- The cost of the class is currently $195 but will be increasing to $235 on May 1, 2015.
A percent of each course is donated to the Ride for Kids and thus the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation