Basic Rider Course
The Basic Rider Course is a class to acquire your motorcycle license (class M) in Texas. The course is designed with the beginner in mind but benefits experienced riders as well. Persons enrolling in the basic course need not own nor be able to operate a motorcycle.
- Some protective gear, if needed
- Qualifies graduates for class M licensing, including waiver of the written license test waiver and (18 and over) of the on-road motorcycle license test waiver
- Graduates may receive insurance discounts (check with your provider) or course discounts or reimbursements available from some rider organizations
- Learn how to operate a motorcycle safely
- Learn about the best protective gear to wear
- Learn how to anticipate and avoid hazards
Other Course Information:
- All classes are Friday through Sunday (Students must attend all 3 days) (End times are approximate).
- – Friday 6p-9:30p
– Saturday 7a-5:30p (with lunch break)
– Sunday 7a-4p (if lunch break taken, earlier if not)
- The cost of the class is $235.
A percent of each course is donated to the Ride for Kids and thus the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation