Basic Rider Course 2 - License Waiver
The Basic Rider Course 2 – License Waiver is an alternate course authorized by the state of Texas and recognized by TDLR and DPS for experienced motorcyclists who own and operate their own motorcycle proficiently but do not have a motorcycle license. The course focuses on similar skill sets as the Basic Rider Course but using one’s own personal motorcycle. The course consists of an on-line 3 hour e-Course, 3 hours of in class instruction and 5 hours of on bike instruction. In order to pass the course and obtain your certificate to enable you to get your license, you will have to take a written and riding skill test.
- Qualifies graduates for class M licensing, including waiver of the written license test waiver and (18 and over) of the on-road motorcycle license test waiver
- Graduates may receive insurance discounts (check with your provider) or course discounts or reimbursement available from some rider organizations
- May qualify for ticket dismissal with court approval
- Improve your skills
- Become a safer rider
- Learn about the best protective gear to wear
- Learn how to anticipate and avoid hazards
Additional Course Requirements (in addition to those required under the Basic Rider Course). Failure to provide or pass any of the following will result in dismissal from class with no refund:
- Student must provide their own motorcycle which must pass inspection and be in good mechanical condition on the day of the class.
- Student must show proof of insurance and registration at the start of class.
- Student motorcycles should have enough fuel to complete the course.
- Student must have required gear. (See BRC Course Requirements)
- The first exercise of this course is a screening exercise. The exercise includes straight-line weaves and offset weaves of varying distances. You must be able to complete it under control and to the satisfaction of the instructor(s) in order to continue through the class. If you cannot do so, you will be recommended to take the Basic Rider Course at a later date. There will not be a refund for this course if you are not able to pass this section or any section of the course.
Other Course Information:
- The cost of the class is $250
- Classes are sometimes held as Friday night classroom and Saturday riding (Friday 6p-9p and Saturday 7a-1p with breaks) or Saturday or Sunday only (morning classroom and afternoon riding 9a-7p with breaks)
- Currently these courses are only offered every 3-6 months but if interested, please email as we can hold a class with 3 interested students